5-YEAR PLAN: CENTRE FOR EXCELLENCE
IGFF has developed a proposal for a national Centre for Excellence for Institutional Abuse Survivors that coincides with the Royal Commission’s recommendations in Chapter 9 of the Final Report. Our proposed model includes a Survivor feedback loop through a Survivor’s Advisory Group and focuses on reducing stigma and continuing the leadership started by the Royal Commission through ongoing education, research and training, community development, case management and other initiatives for healing and recovery.
The Centre for Excellence:
– Honours the lives and diversity of our population of Survivors
– Places Survivors and their life needs at the centre of structures
– Guarantees ongoing services for over six hundred Survivors already registered with IGFF
– Provides for Survivors’ whole of life needs
– Expands research, education and best practice services
– Is a sign of institutional contrition and commitment to remembrance memorials
– Archives the history of Survivors and their legacy
– Assists Royal Commission recommendations and the National Redress Scheme
IGFF is seeking support and sponsorship to this important initiative.
If you would like to know more about our proposal, please contact us at email@example.com